Liking Mr. Grant Hill More

>> Friday, March 18, 2011

Liking Mr. Grant Hill More
Grant Hill
Image from Wikipedia
From the start, Mr. Grant Hill seemed like a very nice guy.

Liked him when he was a Detroit Pistons member. Never really saw him as an Orlando Magic member.

And definitely loved him when he resurrected his playing career as a Phoenix Suns player. I immediately added to him to my favorite players.

Apparently, there is more to like about Mr. Hill.

I first saw Grant Hill in a commercial. I think it was FILA. Where former Detroit piston Bad Boy, Bill Laimbeer is coaching him to be mean. I found that so funny.

I was not a Pistons fan then but I liked Grant Hill in those highlight reels I saw of him. It was just sad that his tenure at Orlando was injury-cursed.

When he went to my favorite team, the Phoenix Suns, obviously, I was glad because there's another player to like besides Steve Nash & Amar'e.

And the fact that he won sportsmanship awards in the NBA makes Hill all the more likable not only to fans but I guess even with most NBA players.

Now, I found another reason to like him.

He was so eloquent in responding to comments made by Jalen Rose as part of a documentary about the Fab Five lore of US NCAA Hoops lore.

Sorry to biased against Jalen. Never liked him, especially when he was an Indiana Pacer playing against His Airness, MJ. I admit, I am never privy to the Fab Five and what "Uncle Tom" is really about.

But the fact that Grant Hill stood up for what he felt was an unglowing remarks by Jalen towards his family, upbringing and school makes him a better person to me. Because that's what good people who care for their family & school do.

And for the win, Grant Hill stated in his response that among his proud moments as a Blue Devil was never losing to the Fab Five.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP