Ordinary Day Turns to Great Wednesday Seeing PBA Greats

>> Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wednesday was seemingly one of those routine work days. But the sportsfan in me was in for a great surprise.

I was starting things at work when an officemate announced in our small office that he and other officemates will be seeing Paras and Patriminio. He must've been joking, so I thought.After a few minutes, another officemate came back inside the office saying that, indeed, PBA greats are in a nearby clinic.

Upon hearing this, I immediately went to the nearby gym. And, to my great surprise, they were there - PBA greats of the late 80's and to 90's. They were there conducting basketball clinics. I am just lucky because our project is for the company that is sponsoring the said event.

WOW! There was Ronnie Magsanoc, Jerry Codinera, Alvin Patrimonio, Benjie Paras and Johnny Abbarientos in person!

They are PBA legends in their own rights. Even though they almost always beat my Ginebra team, they were among the best in Philippine Basketball during their primes.

Point laureate Coach Ronnie seemed taller than the one I am used to seeing on TV. Defense minister Codinera appeared to have gain weight. Tower of Power Benjie Paras looked serious and a bit menacing with the beard but then everyone knows he is a comedian. Hehehe. The Captain Alvin Patrimonio and Flying A are a bit far, but I see their familiar movement.

A welcome surprise to start my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP