Double Fun Playing Badminton with Tintin et al @ Double Play Badminton Courts

>> Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For a change, I am not a just a sports spectator or just blogging about some sport. It was a welcome change to actually play a sport - Badminton - over the weekend.

I was able to play badminton last Sunday with GF Tintin and 4 of her relatives at the Double Play Badminton courts in Pasig.

It was double fun for me because I get to spend time with her (plus her relatives) over an activity that I really enjoy doing.


The shuttlecocks we took turns hitting look like this one or worse.
Image from Dreamstime Free Photos

Playing the sport - badminton - is much more fun than just plain watching or blogging about it. Getting fit and healthy is one of the benefits of Badminton. Not to mention the camarederie you can develop with the people you play with.

Among the group, I was the one more familiar with Badminton. Among the things I tried to show them was the badminton serves that I know of. Plus some rules in serving that I know of.

I'm relatively a beginner with no formal training. I wish I could've taught them some badminton tricks.

The people playing beside our court looks more seasoned, I would say that their booming smashes and pretty footwork make them at least intermediate level badminton players. However, I couldn't catch any badminton tricks watching them.

We played at Double Play badminton courts in Pasig. Only Php 75.00 per head for unlimited play with unlimited refill of cold distilled drinking water. But you have to be at least four in a group to be able to avail that.

The venue of the courts were just a short stroll away from GF Tintin's house. I think that would be playing Badminton regularly there if her relatives would start liking the game and playing it more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP