Maria Sharapova in Manila

>> Saturday, November 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I was channel-hopping late last night when we chanced upon a tennis match coverage of Channel 23 that featured Maria Sharapova here in Manila.

I thought the venue was somewhere out of the country but to my amazement, it was at the Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena in Pasay City. At least to me, the camera angle made the tennis court seemed like at some other stadiums abroad.

Anyway, Maria Sharapova was great in TV. And the fans at the venue were treated with a come-from-behind 1 set win over Kristina (I forgot the surname) 6-5.

It was only an exhibition match made more interesting by a shot clock for serving and the annoying buzzer signifying nearing the time limit or its expiration.

Maria Sharapova's acknowledgement of the warm welcome she, and the rest of the players who were part of the exhibition, received sound sincere. And I felt that the gesture will surely endear her more to Filipinos.

The exhibition tennis match is part of the International Premier Tennis League (ITPL) . I learned more about ITPL via Sports5.ph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP