Reminiscing Hitting Baseballs & Playing Catch

>> Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My watching of replay of the 2010 MLB All Star Homerun Derby was abruptly ended when the cable went out. It is probably due to the brewing typhoon. It was in the second round and Hanley Ramirez was just hitting his stride. Big Papi David Ortiz just finished and reports says he is the eventual winner.

Anyway, seeing the homerun derby reminded me of the only time I was able to play baseball, sort of.

It was my last stint in Japan in 2007. My brother-in-law brought me to a batting center. He probably saw me watching baseball games. Honestly, I am not as rabid a fan of baseball than that of basketball. It's just that it's the only TV show that I can understand that time. LOL!

So, in the batting center, he paid for tokens, handed be a bat. And one by one the ball kept coming at me. I believe he picked the slowest of speed at 88 mph. I was hitting air or unable to swing at all except a few times I got lucky hitting the balls but it only near.

It was only in Japan that I got to play catch with my nephew. But I found it hard using my left hand glove catching the ball. I think I was able catch more using my bare right hand.

It was fun then. But I don't think I'll be good at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP